Cellulite: It’s a Sticky Subject but We’ve Got to Talk about it!
- Saturday, 30 September 2017 08:19
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
Cellulite is a huge problem for women, yet it is a condition that we don’t understand quite as well as we’d like. As many studies have been conducted on this cosmetic topic, findings provide minimal insight. The good news is that we are moving in the right direction when it comes to helping women overcome the problem of cellulite. Some of the details that have been extracted from the research include:
- Cellulite is not a skin problem. What studies have found is that cellulite occurs when fat pushes up to the surface of the skin through septae, which are the bands of tissue that run beneath the skin.
- Cellulite is not a fat problem. Yes, obesity can make dimpling more prominent. However, there are plenty of “skinny girls” who feel the frustration of cottage cheese thighs. All it takes is a small amount of fat, and women carry more on their frame than their male counterparts.
- Cellulite favors the female form. It is pretty rare to see a man with cellulite, regardless of his weight. How unfair! The reason women struggle more with cellulite comes down to simple anatomy. In men, the bands of septae run in a criss-cross pattern. In women, they are more vertical in their path. This allows fat to push through more easily, causing that orange-peel appearance we love to hate.
- Weight loss may help, or it may make cellulite worse. Remember, cellulite is not a fat issue. So, while eating well and exercising is good, don’t expect incredible results regarding dimpling. Don’t give up, either! Studies suggest that muscle toning may improve the appearance of the skin over time.
- Liposuction is not a cellulite treatment. There was a time when it was believed liposuction, by removing excess fat cells, would improve cellulite. History has disproved this theory. To date, cellulite remains a challenge, but new treatments are being developed all the time.
Women in the Allentown, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia areas (to name a few) can find help with cellulite at Keystone Surgery Centers in Pottsville and Hazleton. Velashape multi-dimensional treatment deep-heats fat cells and connective tissue while also stimulating collagen and elastin production with gentle suction. Clinical studies indicate this precise combination of vacuum, radio frequency, and infrared light can significantly improve the texture and structure of the skin.
Contact us to learn more about Velashape and how it can help you love your look.