You will live with your decision to undergo plastic or cosmetic surgery for the rest of your life. It is prudent to make your decision thoughtfully and carefully. Your choice of a cosmetic surgeon is equally important. A successful surgical outcome and the enhancement of how you feel about yourself is critical. An unsuccessful outcome may mean additional costs, additional surgery and, unfortunately, heartache.
Dr. Kimmel would love to answer your questions about the procedures he offers. Call for a consultation appointment, today: Pottsville – (570) 622-2900. Hazleton – (570) 455-4252.
Are you battling loose tummy skin? Even if you have an excellent work-out routine in place and are watching what you eat, chances are neither of those are taking care of your excess tummy skin. So, if you’ve lost a large amount of weight, are battling an aging tummy, or have lose tummy skin following childbirth, a tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, may be the perfect solution.
Being in good general health and physically fit are important components to your recovery from any surgery, but they are especially important if you are considering a tummy tuck.
Now that spring is almost here, now is the time to consider tummy tuck surgery…and be summer-ready before you know it. Dr. Kimmel welcomes your questions. Call to schedule a consultation, today: Pottsville – (570) 622-2900. Hazleton – (570) 455-4252.
Spring is just around the corner and it’s time to begin thinking about how you will keep your skin soft, flexible and firm for the sunny days of summer that lie ahead. Two proteins that exist in your body, Collagen and Elastin, play a very important role in keeping your skin lovely. You may have heard of them or read about them and may have wondered what they are.
Collagen is found in your hair, nails, skin, tendons, muscles and other parts of your body. It is abundant and an important component of your body’s connective tissue. Collagen helps your skin stay smooth and firm. It also aids in the formation of new skin cells and keeps harmful toxins at bay.
Elastin keeps your skin younger looking by keeping it flexible and elastic – which helps counter the effects of gravity. There is less elastin in your body than collagen, but they work together to keep your skin looking young.
Getting older means that your body has less and less of these critical proteins. As a result, your skin becomes thin, loose and saggy. It also damages more easily and is more susceptible to the effects of gravity. Fine lines and wrinkles appear, and maybe the appearance of jowls or a double chin. It’s impossible to completely prevent the effects of aging, but there are some things you can do to protect the collagen and elastin in your body and keep your skin looking young for as long as possible.
• Avoid UV and UVB sun damage
• Eat a balanced diet
• Stop smoking
• Replenish your lost collagen – We offer collagen injections and implants along with the most popular dermal fillers, such as Juvederm® and Belotero®, which contain substances that restore lost volume to your face and smooth your skin. Other fillers, such as Radiesse®, stimulate your body’s production of collagen, for natural, and long-lasting results.
Call to book an appointment, today, and let us tell you more about the many anti-aging treatments available at Keystone Cosmetic Surgery.
Botox® is one of the best known names in aesthetic cosmetics and the most popular cosmetic procedure in the world. It’s known for its ability to soften wrinkles, relax facial lines and reduce “crows feet.” Botox® is quick, easy and affordable…it’s little wonder it’s popularity is growing every day.
Of course you’ve heard of this fast, fabulous facial injectable, but here are a few things about Botox® you may not know:
• Wrinkles form because you make repeated muscle contractions when you laugh, frown and squint. Botox® blocks nerve signals to that muscle, stopping its contraction.
• Botox®, a form of the Clostridium Botulinum Toxin, was approved by the FDA for eye spasms in 1989 and was subsequently approved for wrinkles, fine lines, creases and frown lines in 2002.
• The frown area between the eyes is the most common area to be treated and usually requires five small pokes with a fine needle.
• Botox® results are not immediate…it takes about a week to fully relax the targeted muscle.
• The full results of a Botox® treatment last three to four months and may be combined with other treatments such as injectable dermal fillers like Juvederm®, Belotero®, or Restylane®.
• The degree of improvement depends on how deep the creases are when you begin treatment.
• Botox® injections eventually wear off, but most of Dr. Kimmel’s patients love it and return for repeat injections.
• The side effects of Botox® injections are very rare, but if you do happen to experience one, the Botox® will wear off and the injection site will return to normal.
• Botox® eases that “angry” look, relaxes your face and slows down the creation of fine lines and deep creases.
• Depending on which way your muscles pull, a Botox® treatment can give a lift to your eyes and mouth corners helping you look more rested.
Call for a free consultation or to book a appointment for a Botox® treatment with Dr. Kimmel. You deserve this. And now is the perfect time: Pottsville – (570) 622-2900. Hazleton – (570) 455-4252.
There are many cosmetic and surgical procedures that are appropriate for men. These procedures may increase their self-confidence and self-esteem. For men living with the embarrassing and feminizing condition commonly called “man boobs” or gynecomastia, having intimate relationships or participating in sports can be personally and emotionally devastating – so devastating in fact, that some men completely avoid physical intimacy.
• Men suffering from gynecomastia experience swelling of their breast tissue and tenderness. Excess localized fat and glandular tissue and can also be present in one or both breasts.
• Gynecomastia may be caused by a number of factors, including aging, health conditions which affect hormones, puberty, weight gain and the use of steroids or certain medications.
• The word gynecomastia is of Greek derivation meaning “female breasts” and describes a condition of over-developed breasts in men that can occur at any age.
• Diet and exercise can trim most areas of the body, but gynecomastia seems to be immune to most workout regimens.
Today, with the expertise of Dr. Kimmel and the caring staff of professionals at Keystone Cosmetic Surgery, your concerns about gynecomastia and whether or not to undergo surgery can be put to rest.
• Gynecomastia surgery is technically called “reduction mammaplasty.”
• This very specialized, outpatient surgery reduces breast size and flattens the contours of the chest.
• Surgery usually lasts about two hours. Patients may be discharged after a brief recovery period.
• Most of our patients return to work within a week and wear a snug-fitting compression vest under their clothing for several weeks.
• In severe gynecomastia, the weight of excess breast tissue may cause sagging of the areola. Repositioning of the areola can also be achieved with surgery.
If you are bothered by the size of your breasts, are in good physical health, do not smoke or use drugs, have a positive outlook and realistic goals for improvement – you are the perfect candidate for gynecomastia surgery. Dr. Kimmel is prepared to address your concerns and looks forward to meeting with you. Call to schedule a consultation, today.
Kissable, full, defined lips are popular and definitely trending. Here’s the good news: they are achievable at Keystone Cosmetic Surgery with a non-surgical cosmetic procedure using Juvederm® injectable gels…known as the “next generation” of facial fillers. Juvederm® is also effective in minimizing those fine “smile lines” and deeper “parentheses” lines (nasolabial folds) around the nose and the sides of the mouth.
How does Juvederm® work?
• Juvederm® is made with hyaluronic acid, a substance which naturally occurs in the body. This makes it easily accepted and unlikely to cause an adverse reaction. It is FDA approved and is safe and effective.
• The lip enhancement procedure is done using a nerve blocker anesthetic, similar to a dental anesthetic, which numbs the lips and ensures that the patient is relaxed and comfortable before the actual procedure begins. This gentle procedure takes about 15 minutes; the results typically last about six to nine months.
• Following a Juvederm® procedure, you can return to your normal activities and work schedule immediately. There may be some mild bruising that may last a few days but can be easily camouflaged with make-up.
Some things to consider:
• The ideal candidate for a Juvederm® lip enhancement is the patient who wishes to minimize the appearance of fine lines around their mouth, restore a more youthful appearance and enhance the appearance and fullness of their lips.
• Are you pregnant or nursing? If so, it is best to wait.
• As with any cosmetic procedure, it is important to clarify your expectations. If you decide a Juvederm® lip enhancement procedure is for you, discuss your “plumping” expectations with us. We strive to ensure that you achieve the look you want. An excellent rule of thumb is “less is more.”
• Maintaining the normal anatomy of your lips with subtle injections can result in very naturally appearing, plumper lips.
Dr. Kimmel specializes in the use of Juvederm® gels and is proud of his high patient satisfaction rate. We are confident that you will be delighted with the results, so don’t wait…whether you are in Pottsville or Hazelton, call to schedule a consultation and get the new year off to a more “kissable” start!
One in every 16 million Americans suffers from Rosacea.
Are you one of them? If so, read on to learn more about it.
Rosacea is a common condition, but it is poorly understood. It is becoming increasingly widespread among baby-boomers and is more common in women between the ages of 30 and 60.
A survey by the National Rosacea Society found that over 90% of Rosacea patients said their condition had lowered their self-esteem and self-confidence; 40% said they avoided public contact; 88% said it affected their personal and professional interactions; 51% said they had missed work due to their rosacea symptoms and 95% knew little or nothing about its signs and symptoms prior to their diagnosis.
Sadly, because of its red-faced, acne-like effects on personal appearance, Rosacea can cause significant psychological, social and occupational problems if left untreated.
What causes Rosacea?
The exact cause is unknown but the range of possible causes includes defects in the immune system, nervous system or facial blood vessels, and the presence of microbes or Demodex Mites. Evidence also suggests that susceptibility to it may be inherited. There is no cure for Rosacea, but medical help is available which can control its signs and symptoms.
One of the ways we treat Rosacea at Keystone Cosmetic Surgery is with the Zymase Mask,
a renewing treatment for use on Rosacea, inflamed acne and sensitive skin. The Zymase Mask helps brighten and clarify Rosacea prone skin with deep exfoliation which promotes renewal at the cellular level.
What are the symptoms?
Schedule an appointment with us for a diagnosis and appropriate treatment before these signs and symptoms become severe:
There is little or no downtime involved with Rosacea treatments and results are amazing.
If you are suffering from Rosacea, call for a consultation appointment with Dr. Kimmel.
How do you see yourself as you age? Having more candles on your birthday cake does not necessarily equate to feeling or acting older.
With the current awareness of healthy lifestyles, you may find that the best time of your life lies ahead. Statistics from the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery show that facelifts are increasing in number every year – the facelift is one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures in the world. More men and women are considering a facelift as a way to rejuvenate their appearance.
Your face is one of the first areas of your body to become affected by gravity. Your neck and skin around it can also begin to sag. At Keystone Cosmetic Surgery wants to help you discover the key to a more youthful future. A facelift can counter the effects of gravity and the years of UV sun damage. Wrinkles and lines are smoothed, drooping folds are lifted…as you see time taking a step backwards.
Dr. Kimmel welcomes the opportunity to consult with you and assist you in achieving your surgery goals. Call to book a consultation appointment, today: Pottsville – (570) 622-2900; Hazleton – (570) 455-4252.
Every day your skin is exposed to environmental pollutants, the sun’s rays, the effects of aging and the ingredients in your skin-care products and make-up. You may try, but you cannot reduce your skin’s visible signs of aging without professional treatment.
Age spots and wrinkles may not yet be troubling you, but you may be dealing with scars resulting from an accident, surgery or acne. If these scars are on your face, they may be affecting your self-confidence.
One of the most popular non-surgical treatments for the signs of aging or scarring is dermabrasion, a skin-resurfacing procedure that uses a high-speed “sanding wheel” to gently strip away excess, unwanted skin cells and resurface the skin by improving its contour and texture. The concept of abrading the skin, or removing the upper layers for skin rejuvenation isn’t new. It dates back to ancient Egypt when royal physicians used a type of sandpaper to smooth scars and imperfections.
When the modern technique of dermabrasion was first developed, it was used primarily to treat and improve scars. Today, Dr. Kimmel uses dermabrasion to treat not only chronic acne scaring but also sun damage, age spots and wrinkles – especially in the area around the cheeks mouth.
Dr. Kimmel a specialist in dermabrasion. Treatments are done on an outpatient basis, using a local anesthetic in combination with intravenous sedation at our Nationally Accredited Ambulatory Surgical Facility. Dermabrasion treatments take from a few minutes to an hour. Following a dermabrasion procedure, a “brush-burn” type of wound results, requiring topical care for about 5-7 days to promote surface healing.
With the holidays upon us, now is the perfect time to book a dermabrasion appointment with Dr. Kimmel!
With the holidays just around the corner, and good times with friends and loved ones giving you something to look forward to, now is the absolute perfect time to give your fine lines and wrinkles a kick to the curb – with one of the fastest growing minimally invasive skin treatments, Micro-needling also known as Collagen Induction Therapy.
At Keystone Cosmetic Surgery, micro-needling involves the use of a hand held wand, known as the Eclipse Micropen® to create a multitude of controlled-depth micro punctures in your skin’s surface. The treatment stimulates your body’s natural collagen by generating a wound-healing response – your body then produces new elastin and collagen which thickens and plumps-up your skin. This softens fine lines, wrinkles and improves the skin’s texture and tone. The micro-channels also allow serums, gels and platelet rich plasma to be more effectively absorbed. Micro-needling can be used on the face and the body for stretch marks and scars.
Prior to a micro-needling treatment, a topical anesthetic is applied to minimize any discomfort. The Eclipse Micropen® is then applied to the skin, creating tiny puncture wounds. Treatment can take anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on the area being treated, with downtime of one to two days. For enhanced treatment results, Dr. Kimmel recommends the addition of platelet rich plasma (PRP), an innovative technique that uses your own blood and provides a completely natural alternative to traditional cosmetic procedures.
Following your micro-needling treatment, your skin will be slightly pink. There may be slight tightness and swelling which will quickly subside. You should see full benefits within two to four weeks.
Time is of the essence…it’s time for a glowing, youthful holiday look!
Call for a consultation appointment with Dr. Kimmel, today.