Choosing A Cosmetic Surgeon – Some Things To Consider
- Friday, 15 April 2016 05:21
You will live with your decision to undergo plastic or cosmetic surgery for the rest of your life. It is prudent to make your decision thoughtfully and carefully. Your choice of a cosmetic surgeon is equally important. A successful surgical outcome and the enhancement of how you feel about yourself is critical. An unsuccessful outcome may mean additional costs, additional surgery and, unfortunately, heartache.
To help you make your decision, here are a few things to consider:
- Is your surgeon board certified? The government does not require a plastic surgeon to be specifically trained in the procedures they offer. Many doctors with general surgery or other medical training decide to offer cosmetic surgery. Dr. Kimmel is board certified in cosmetic and plastic surgery – the most dependable way of assessing whether a cosmetic surgeon is properly trained.
- Does your surgeon have experience in the procedure you want? Each area of cosmetic surgery requires different skills – operating on a nose is different from operating on a breast. Ask your surgeon how they trained in the procedure you want and how many times they have performed it.
- Do you feel a connection to your surgeon? It’s important to feel comfortable with your cosmetic surgeon and their support team and feel like you can trust them to recommend what is the right procedure for you.
- Have you thought about the aesthetics of the procedure? Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder; what one person finds beautiful may not be beautiful to another. Choose a cosmetic surgeon that shares your aesthetic tastes. Look at before-and-after photos; compare the results for the procedure you want; take a selfie for reference. If you are considering a facial procedure, look for photos of patients that are near your age and have a similar facial structure. Do they look the way you would like to look following your surgery?
Dr. Kimmel would love to answer your questions about the procedures he offers. Call for a consultation appointment, today: Pottsville – (570) 622-2900. Hazleton – (570) 455-4252.