The 411 on Chin Augmentation Surgery
- Saturday, 30 April 2016 10:50
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
Although not as common as other cosmetic surgeries, a chin implant (augmentation) is the perfect option for men and women who feel their chin is small, receding, poorly shaped or does not fit well with their facial shape. This unique surgery can add proportion and balance to the chin. Chin augmentation is accomplished with implants which increase the size or modify the shape of your chin.
If you are curious about chin implants, here are a few interesting facts to consider:
- The chin implant, which is made of a silicone material and is shaped somewhat like the narrow chin guard of a sports helmet, is placed through an incision under your chin.
- If you are in good health and have reasonable expectations, you would be a good candidate for chin augmentation.
- Men typically pursue chin implants to achieve a squarer, more masculine chin, while women undergo chin augmentation to enhance a chin that is too small or droopy.
- Chin augmentation offers many aesthetic benefits for those who have a recessed, pointed or square chin, a prominent nose or a fleshy neck.
- Chin implant surgery will create a permanent change in your appearance. Although it won’t make you look like someone else, it can enhance and balance your features.
- Chin augmentation may be performed in conjunction with a nose job (rhinoplasty), eyelid surgery, a forehead lift or a face lift.
- Chin augmentation surgery takes about one hour; recovery is typically quick.
- During your consultation, Dr. Kimmel will discuss the relationship of your chin to your nose and other facial features, and will make a recommendation based on these factors and your unique concerns and desires.
- After the surgery, you will have some mild bruising and swelling that can last a few days. Dr. Kimmel will advise you as to what to watch for as far as excessive or abnormal swelling or bruising.
If you think you would be a good candidate for chin augmentation surgery, call to request a consultation or contact us online. We are eager to hear from you! Call to schedule a consultation appointment, today.