Age is a Sneaky Beast
- Sunday, 30 July 2017 06:02
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
Your age is something that you may want to hold close to your chest. Only those whom you know and trust may be privy to certain bits of information such as this. The widespread use of non-surgical and minimally invasive facial rejuvenating treatments allows men and women the opportunity to take their pace with the aging process, and to feel more confident in their appearance as time goes by. If you are part of this group of individuals, you may be unpleasantly surprised if you notice that your efforts are being thwarted by another area of your body.
How Age May Be Inadvertently Revealed
We all know that the face is not the only part of the body that shows signs of aging. Some of the places that are easily overlooked include the:
- Here’s what happens with the brows. You see them every day. The slight fall that occurs over time is barely distinguishable until it’s not. Many people that we meet express surprise at how suddenly their eyes have become hooded and heavy. The reason this happens is that the downward pull of muscles near the eye draws the brow line below the upper orbital rim. Sometimes, this age-related concern can be mitigated with Botox. Depending on severity or desired outcome, we may discuss the value of brow lift surgery.
- It’s interesting how easily we forget to take the neck into consideration when reducing the signs of aging. This area is directly affected by the loss of fat pads and collagen, just as the face is. Here, though, we see indicators such as horizontal lines and a crepey appearance to the skin just under the chin. The appearance of the neck may be improved in some ways, from Kybella to Botox to Thermage and other non-surgical skin tightening techniques. Ultimately, neck lift surgery provides the most noticeable and long lasting results.
- With age, we lose fat on the backs of our hands. This exacerbates the appearance of bones, veins, and tendons, and is a telltale sign of age. It is possible to rejuvenate this area by plumping tissue with dermal fillers. Hyperpigmentation and sun spots can also be diminished with light and laser treatments.
Age is not a facial concern only. Keep your age to yourself, if you so wish, by also rejuvenating nearby features with custom care from the team at Keystone Cosmetic Surgery in Pottsville and Hazleton.