If Fall is here can The Holidays be far behind? Nope.
Those holiday parties and glam events are in the works…and you should look your very best.
It’s time too consider an eye lift!
You can’t change your genetic make-up or do much about the march of Father Time, but coupled with daily sun exposure, they are the cause of droopy lids and aging, under-eye bags.
Men and women alike are turning to eye lift surgery (blepharoplasty) to reduce the signs of aging around their eyes. Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure which removes and tightens upper and lower eyelid skin, muscle, and fat for a more youthful, fresh appearance. Most commonly done as a cosmetic procedure, a blepharoplasty may also correct the interference droopy eyelids cause with vision.
Performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure, a blepharoplasty is a safe, and easy procedure. Dr. Kimmel takes every precaution for the comfort and safety of his patients.
Small incisions are made in the natural creases of your upper eyelid. Excess skin and fat are removed and the incisions are closed. For the lower lid, incisions are made under the lashes or inside the lower lid. These tiny incisions will be completely invisible once healed.
What happens after surgery?
• Your eyes will be swollen and bruised following surgery. This is normal and will subside.
• You may experience blurry vision and some pain.
• Ice packs can soothe the pain and control inflammation.
• You should be able to return to work within two weeks.
• Easy walking is recommended in the early phase of your recovery.
• Avoid heavy lifting or any exercise that requires you to bend over, such as yoga.
• The results of your procedure should be visible within a month.
If you have puffy bags under your eyes, excess skin which covers the natural fold of your eyelids or loose skin which hangs down from your eyelids and interferes with your vision, call Dr. Kimmel for a consultation. Alert, bright, well-rested eyes are within your reach!