Kissable, full, defined lips are popular and definitely trending. Here’s the good news: they are achievable at Keystone Cosmetic Surgery with a non-surgical cosmetic procedure using Juvederm® injectable gels…known as the “next generation” of facial fillers. Juvederm® is also effective in minimizing those fine “smile lines” and deeper “parentheses” lines (nasolabial folds) around the nose and the sides of the mouth.
How does Juvederm® work?
• Juvederm® is made with hyaluronic acid, a substance which naturally occurs in the body. This makes it easily accepted and unlikely to cause an adverse reaction. It is FDA approved and is safe and effective.
• The lip enhancement procedure is done using a nerve blocker anesthetic, similar to a dental anesthetic, which numbs the lips and ensures that the patient is relaxed and comfortable before the actual procedure begins. This gentle procedure takes about 15 minutes; the results typically last about six to nine months.
• Following a Juvederm® procedure, you can return to your normal activities and work schedule immediately. There may be some mild bruising that may last a few days but can be easily camouflaged with make-up.
Some things to consider:
• The ideal candidate for a Juvederm® lip enhancement is the patient who wishes to minimize the appearance of fine lines around their mouth, restore a more youthful appearance and enhance the appearance and fullness of their lips.
• Are you pregnant or nursing? If so, it is best to wait.
• As with any cosmetic procedure, it is important to clarify your expectations. If you decide a Juvederm® lip enhancement procedure is for you, discuss your “plumping” expectations with us. We strive to ensure that you achieve the look you want. An excellent rule of thumb is “less is more.”
• Maintaining the normal anatomy of your lips with subtle injections can result in very naturally appearing, plumper lips.
Dr. Kimmel specializes in the use of Juvederm® gels and is proud of his high patient satisfaction rate. We are confident that you will be delighted with the results, so don’t wait…whether you are in Pottsville or Hazelton, call to schedule a consultation and get the new year off to a more “kissable” start!