Men – Aging Healthy CAN Be Your Reality
- Saturday, 15 October 2016 03:44
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
It’s really quite simple: When you think and act young, you tend to stay young.
The anti-aging industry – for men – is booming. Nobody want’s to show their age; the number of men requesting Botox and dermal filler injections, choosing cosmetic surgery, and visiting hair salons is growing by leaps and bounds. So, men, to that end, here are some simple tips to keep aging at bay…and to compliment your cosmetic and salon enhancements.
Make the conscious choice to promote your wellness every single day.
- You are what you eat. Don’t be a cookie. Eating a Mediterranean-type diet, which includes fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables with a moderate amount of carbs, will keep you healthy, young and fit.
- Snooze to win. And take naps. Most adults need seven to nine hours of sleep every night. A lack of sleep can result in bags under your eyes that make you appear older.
- Move it. Daily exercise will help you maintain balance, body tone, and flexibility – very important considerations as you age. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and brain. Men who are trim and fit look and feel younger than those who are flabby.
- Quit smoking if you can. Smoking creates wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes and mouth. It stains your teeth, dulls your skin, and causes health problems that will rapidly age you.
One of the first things others notice about you is your skin, so love the skin you’re in.
- Wash, then moisturize. Use a gentle cleanser and a rich moisturizer every day. Dry-looking skin really exaggerates the signs of aging.
- Sunscreen. Put it on. Over-exposure to the sun is cumulative, and can cause wrinkles and age spots that give away your age.
- Hydrate with water not soda. Try to drink 6-8 cups of water a day. Water gives your skin a firmer tone and a more youthful appearance.
Call, today, to schedule an appointment and let Dr. Kimmel tell you about the variety of anti-aging treatments he offers.