Are you Skipping Over Important Details about Liposuction?
- Monday, 30 October 2017 01:24
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
Liposuction is not a new procedure. It’s been performed for decades with enormous success and is continually a leader in the pack of cosmetic procedures. Because we hear about liposuction so often, it’s easy to think we know the important details. From our standpoint, what many people believe about liposuction is off the mark.
Where it is easy to go wrong is in perceiving liposuction as a fat-reducing procedure. It is, in fact, a surgical technique that removes fat cells that are sticking around where they are not wanted. So, by very nature, liposuction is a fat-reducing procedure, right? And because of this, more people than you may imagine associate liposuction with weight reduction. This could lead to disappointment or, worse, to bypassing a body-sculpting procedure that could give you a body you love.
Better Curves through Liposuction
To know if liposuction is right for you, you need to know what this procedure is really for:
- Liposuction is for better curves, not weight loss. After liposuction, there is typically little, if any, change in weight. There isn’t supposed to be. Relatively little fat needs to be removed to create proportionate contours, which is the primary objective in the performance of this sculpting procedure.
- Because liposuction is about contouring, there is no reason to rule out the merit of this surgery if you would describe yourself as thin. Remember, fat-reduction is not about losing weight, it’s about looking better.
- Liposuction is intended for long-term results, but this also takes effort. When fat cells are extracted using the liposuction technique, none will grow back. The cells that are left in the treatment area, however, can grow larger. To keep this from happening, liposuction patients are encouraged to eat a healthy, low-calorie diet and to exercise regularly. In many cases, we see this healthy lifestyle even before liposuction is performed.
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that we perform often and with success. To learn more about treatment options for better contours, call our Pottsville or Hazelton office.