What are the Areas that Liposuction Can Treat?
- Tuesday, 15 June 2021 10:08
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
For many of our patients who have been trying to achieve desired body contours, liposuction can be a real turning point. This procedure doesn’t help with weight loss and it may not be ideal for every person. A healthy lifestyle is still a must. However, having liposuction can be a game-changer in terms of confidence, satisfaction, and even motivation to maintain healthy eating and exercise habits. Here, we’ll discuss which areas of the body tend to do very well with liposuction.
- The neck and chin areas. The chin and upper neck are susceptible to small collections of fatty tissue. This results in a loss of jawline contour and, often, a double-chin. To resolve these problems with liposuction alone, a patient must have good quality skin that is elastic enough to bounce back after the minor procedure.
- The backs of the arms. Here, mildly sagging tissue may retract on its own after liposuction is performed to reduce the circumference of the upper arm. Sometimes, liposuction is a complement to arm lift surgery.
- The front of the armpit. Here, small accumulations of excess fat can bulge out of the sides of a bra.
- The sides of the chest. Liposuction is commonly used to treat gynecomastia.
- The bra rolls. Here, excess fat bulges from the back of the bra.
- Back rolls and flanks. Liposuction can sculpt the lower back areas that commonly hold excess fat.
- Abdomen. This may be the most well-known area for liposuction.
- The buttocks and hip area. Rather than perform liposuction on the main part of the buttocks, surgeons often use this procedure to sculpt the upper, outer portions of this area.
- The inner and outer thighs are also common areas treated with this procedure.
So, can liposuction be performed anywhere on the body? No. This procedure is not performed on the face due to the delicate nature of fat here. When excess fat protrudes under the eyes, for example, instead of liposuction to remove the fat, a doctor will perform either dermal filler injections to hide the puffiness or blepharoplasty to smooth the under eye area.
Are you considering liposuction? Contact our Hazleton or Pottsville office today to schedule your consultation. At your appointment, we can answer any questions you may have about this procedure and how it can help you feel your best.