Why Seek Plastic Surgery?
- Friday, 15 April 2022 03:20
You may have heard that hundreds of thousands of people get plastic surgery each year. Outside of a temporary dip during the early days of the novel coronavirus pandemic, these numbers have remained consistent. Throughout 2021, interest in plastic surgery procedures once again skyrocketed. Here, we discuss why.
What Does Plastic Surgery Do to Be So Popular?
Generally speaking, people tend to recognize that plastic surgery alters a person’s appearance. It can enlarge the breasts, slim the midsection, and sculpt the face. Is this sufficient reason to explain why so many people are scheduling plastic surgery these days? Let’s get more specific about what various procedures do.
- Reduce lines and wrinkles. We have injectables to smooth lines and wrinkles. We also have a few energy-based therapies that can do this. So why would a person want to have plastic surgery just for lines and wrinkles? The thing about these cosmetic concerns is that they tend to get worse as tissue and skin weaken. Frown lines, worry lines, crow’s feet, and other creases etch themselves into the skin and, although injections can reduce them, the effects are only temporary. Plastic surgery like a brow lift can eradicate some of the most common lines and wrinkles, resulting in years of youthful attractiveness.
- Tighten loose skin. What causes worry lines and frown lines on the upper part of the face also contribute to loose skin on the lower face. Weak tissue sags. It droops off the sides of the face as jowls, or on the neck or under the chin. Sometimes, a person has jowls, a double chin, and a turkey neck all at once, and they no longer feel like their best self. Plastic surgery like a facelift repositions fat and muscle and trims skin to hold youthful structure in place for many years.
- Eliminate excess skin. Isn’t excess skin what we just talked about? No, it’s not. Some people, such as women who have been pregnant and adults who have lost a significant amount of weight, are left with extreme looseness in one or more areas of the body. Severe abdominal laxity may result in the lower abdomen folding over itself. Laxity may cause the buttocks to sag onto the backs of the thighs, or for tissue to bulge out from the top of the belt. Excess skin and tissue may be corrected with abdominoplasty or other contouring procedures. Examples include arm lift surgery and a lower body lift.
- Improve body contours. Most adults at some point have to face the challenges of body contouring. Diet and exercise don’t always work to the extent we’d like. Lifestyle factors and genetics may present obstacles to feeling one’s best. Services like liposuction, abdominoplasty, male breast reduction and breast surgeries are all viable options for helping people feel their best.
- Reconstruction. We hear so much about the cosmetic procedures that are performed by plastic surgeons that we might forget the critical role the plastic surgeon can play in breast cancer treatment. A trained plastic surgeon can perform reconstruction using breast implants or a woman’s remaining breast tissue, when possible, to restore natural-looking, natural-feeling breasts after cancer treatment.
Dr. Robert Kimmel proudly serves patients from offices in Pottsville and Hazleton. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.