Botox® is one of the best known names in aesthetic cosmetics and the most popular cosmetic procedure in the world. It’s known for its ability to soften wrinkles, relax facial lines and reduce “crows feet.” Botox® is quick, easy and affordable…it’s little wonder it’s popularity is growing every day.
Of course you’ve heard of this fast, fabulous facial injectable, but here are a few things about Botox® you may not know:
• Wrinkles form because you make repeated muscle contractions when you laugh, frown and squint. Botox® blocks nerve signals to that muscle, stopping its contraction.
• Botox®, a form of the Clostridium Botulinum Toxin, was approved by the FDA for eye spasms in 1989 and was subsequently approved for wrinkles, fine lines, creases and frown lines in 2002.
• The frown area between the eyes is the most common area to be treated and usually requires five small pokes with a fine needle.
• Botox® results are not immediate…it takes about a week to fully relax the targeted muscle.
• The full results of a Botox® treatment last three to four months and may be combined with other treatments such as injectable dermal fillers like Juvederm®, Belotero®, or Restylane®.
• The degree of improvement depends on how deep the creases are when you begin treatment.
• Botox® injections eventually wear off, but most of Dr. Kimmel’s patients love it and return for repeat injections.
• The side effects of Botox® injections are very rare, but if you do happen to experience one, the Botox® will wear off and the injection site will return to normal.
• Botox® eases that “angry” look, relaxes your face and slows down the creation of fine lines and deep creases.
• Depending on which way your muscles pull, a Botox® treatment can give a lift to your eyes and mouth corners helping you look more rested.
Call for a free consultation or to book a appointment for a Botox® treatment with Dr. Kimmel. You deserve this. And now is the perfect time: Pottsville – (570) 622-2900. Hazleton – (570) 455-4252.