Facelift: Check. Now What?
- Thursday, 15 June 2017 03:14
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
Have you recently restored youthful beauty to your face with a surgical lift? Is this procedure in your future? In either situation, you have an important task ahead of you. That task is supporting your newly lifted and tightened skin. A facelift can take you back in time, aesthetically speaking, up to 15 years, but aging is not an unstoppable process. What you do after a facelift, though, can lengthen the lifespan of your results. We want to point out just how easy this can be . . .
- Practice a little savvy. As it pertains to your skin, that savvy should revolve around the use of sunscreen. We hear so much about sun protection that the brain can get overloaded, and then forget the important details. Here they are: apply 30 SPF broad-spectrum every day. Every. Day. Also, apply 30 minutes before you go into the sun. Waiting until you hit the beach or pool deck means you will sustain UV damage. Finally, apply sunscreen every few hours for optimal protection.
- Develop a practice to manage stress. Stress is directly associated with premature aging. The reason is that our very DNA changes under stress. Telomeres, which support the cells throughout the body, including the skin, become short in the stressed-out person, leading to cellular damage and death.
- Develop a plan with your esthetician. Like sunscreen, daily cleansers and moisturizers make a big difference in how your skin ages. It isn’t enough to find an affordable product, you need to understand your skin’s unique needs and find products that serve them well.
- Develop a plan with your surgeon. The med-spa at Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center offers an extensive menu of services that tighten and brighten the skin. Taking advantage of collagen-inducing treatments like micro needling, laser treatments, or skin peels can enhance the beauty of your skin through the ages.
Reputable cosmetic surgeons are performing more facelifts than in previous years due to the extended life expectancy of the current Baby Boomer population. We love helping our patients obtain and maintain the beauty they deserve. To learn more about facelifts and facial rejuvenation treatments, call us in Pottsville or Hazleton.