Your Hands – Are They Revealing Your Age?
- Sunday, 30 October 2016 03:51
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
It seems that most anti-aging cosmetic procedures focus on the face…the fine lines, wrinkles, dry skin, acne, blotches, and those aging-revealing sun spots. Putting your best face forward is one of the things we are best at helping you do and we offer many amazing procedures and treatments to that end. But you may be surprised to learn that your hands can actually betray your age as well.
At, Keystone Cosmetic Surgery, we regularly advise our clients to not only care for their facial skin but to take the time to care for their hands – because sometimes no matter what you do to make your overall appearance look younger, your hands can and often do, give away your age.
Continue reading to learn 5 tips for caring for your hands:
- Be diligent and don’t skip on hand-cream, lotion or moisturizer. While your hands won’t reveal the obvious signs of aging until you’re in your 40s, using a good hand-cream as early as your 20s will work to your advantage later in life.
- Be diligent and generous with sunscreen. If possible, choose a hand-cream or moisturizer with added sunscreen. Exposure to the sun’s UV and UVB rays is the main culprit when it comes to sun spots, and the premature appearance of wrinkles, not only on your face but on your hands as well.
- Wear rubber gloves when washing dishes or when you have your hands in water. The chemicals in cleaning products can wreak havoc on your hands.
- If your skin is extra sensitive, avoid harsh products which can contribute to making your hands dry and flaky.
- And last, but not least, consider making an appointment with us for a hand rejuvenation procedure such as a chemical peel or laser skin resurfacing.
Let us be your go-to cosmetic procedure center if you are noticing the obvious signs of aging in your hands. We invite you to call and schedule an appointment. We look forward to meeting you.