Has Aging Settled on Your Lower Face? We’ve Got Solutions!
- Saturday, 15 May 2021 08:22
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
We tend to see the signs of aging first on the upper face. Horizontal lines show we’ve worried. Frown lines show we’ve concentrated or expressed displeasure. Under eye bags remind us of the value of a good night’s sleep. Crow’s feet show we have laughed and smiled, hopefully a lot. As many memories as there may be in these expression lines, they feel concerning when they make us look older. So concerning, in fact, that we may miss how aging settles on the lower face. At some point, we start to see heaviness in the hollows beneath the cheekbones. We see jowls at the jawline and sagging skin or excessive fat beneath the chin. These signs of aging change the structure of the face. Fortunately, there are ways to address them.
We love helping adults of all ages feel their best. When the signs of aging alter the face’s youthful “Y” shape into more of an inverted “V,” we perform specific treatments that restore firmness and shape. It doesn’t always take surgery to do this, either.
Nonsurgical Lower Face Rejuvenation
- Dermal fillers. Is there anything that dermal fillers can’t do? Yes. But, truly, these products are incredibly versatile! At the jawline, dermal fillers can be added to the area just in front of jowls. The subtle increase in volume can disguise mild sagging. Keep in mind that dermal fillers do not tighten the skin but are a quick fix that can last up to two years.
- Kybella. Kybella is not a dermal filler, it is an injectable fat-reducing drug approved by the FDA for submental fullness. Haven’t heard of that? You may know it as a double chin. A few appointments is all it takes for most people to achieve outstanding slimming of the chin area.
- Thermage CPT® . Using radiofrequency and controlled pulse technology, Thermage tightens skin at its foundational layer. A brief, virtually painless treatment heats the dermis to cause prolonged collagen and elastin production. Results are not instantaneous, but they are corrective and can last for a year or longer.
- Thread lift. This procedure takes less than an hour and can be done with only a couple of injections of local anesthetic. A thread lift can reduce sagging at the jawline and neck areas by repositioning tissue and suspending it with coned threads inserted at various layers of tissue. Results can last years.
Surgical Lower Face Rejuvenation
- Neck Lift. An outpatient procedure, the neck lift carefully trims tissue that has lost elasticity and begun to sag. In addition to restoring curvature between the neck and chin and jawline, a neck lift can smooth away horizontal bands, as well.
- Neck liposuction. This fat-reducing technique can compliment a neck lift or serve as a stand-alone procedure to eliminate double-chin fat.
- Facelift. Some people think that a facelift is an all-over procedure that repositions tissue from the forehead to the jawline. The true focal point of a facelift is the lower face. During the outpatient procedure, the surgeon lifts fat pads and muscle and secures these layers of tissue in the midface area. This restores definition along the jawline, along with a more youthful “Y” shape.
Facial rejuvenation need not be impossible nor difficult. We have several treatment options for you to explore. To do so, contact our Hazleton or Pottsville office today.