Not-so-common Liposuction Targets
- Thursday, 30 March 2017 08:09
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
Liposuction banishes unwanted fat by literally removing stubborn fat cells for good. This procedure has evolved over the years, and patients of Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center have multiple options for the technique used on their tenacious fat cells. Some of the common areas patients complain about included the abdomen, hips, buttocks, and even the back. While these are parts of the body that are commonly treated with liposuction, they aren’t the complete list. Here, we will look at some other areas that can be sculpted with liposuction.
- The knees. Fatty tissue can accumulate just above or around the knees due to a few factors. It isn’t only that fat has settled at the lowest point of the thighs, it’s that fat in this area may appear more prominent when skin loosens and becomes less resilient. Liposuction for slimmer, better-sculpted knees is gentle and has little downtime associated with it.
- The Neck. In many cases, neck lift surgery is maximized with the inclusion of minor liposuction. Lifting the skin on the neck improves appearance only so much, and cannot erase issues like a double-chin; that’s a job for liposuction. In addition to the double chin, liposuction can be performed to significantly reduce the appearance of neck rings associated with mild excess fat.
- The ankles. Did you know that some people are prone to fat accumulation around the ankles? It’s just a body-structure thing, and it may be hereditary. Heavier, shapeless ankles don’t have to be a concern that you live with. A sculpting session with an experienced liposuction cosmetic surgeon can make a world of difference.
In addition to body parts from the neck on down to the ankles, liposuction is also the method used to add masculine definition to the male chest. Men with gynecomastia used to have very few places to turn for help, but this is changing. Liposuction is an excellent treatment for this condition and can achieve permanent results.
From our offices in Pottsville and Hazleton, we serve patients from Lebanon, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Reading, and more. Contact us today to learn more about our body-sculpting treatments.