Why Velashape may be Your Pre-Summer BFF
- Friday, 30 March 2018 07:27
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
As summer approaches, many people start to sweat. Not because of the rising temperature, but because of their concerns related to unwanted fat and dreaded cellulite. You don’t have to sweat it out this summer. With the development of various non-surgical body contouring devices, it is more possible than ever to get the body you want well in advance of Bikini Season.
What is Velashape and Why Should You Care?
Velashape is a non-surgical body contouring treatment that is unique in its ability to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Many energy-based body treatments have been developed in recent years, but most are limited to the improvement in body circumference and the overall tightness of the skin. Cellulite is its unique beast, related neither solely to fat nor to laxity in the skin. Cellulite is a subdermal problem that occurs when fat (not excess fat, just normal fat) presses against the connective tissue just beneath the surface.
Benefits of Velashape include:
- Proven results. We could talk about the fact that Velashape is great because it doesn’t involve the usual risks and side effects of surgery. But you already know that. What we want to point out is that this particular device has demonstrated outstanding clinical effectiveness. After four treatments, patients noticed up to 3 inches in circumferential reduction. Even more exciting, cellulite reduction reached as much as 63%. Results are amplified due to the combined use of infrared light, bi-polar radio frequency energy and vacuum in each treatment.
- One of the disadvantages of some other non-surgical body-contouring devices is that they are designed for specific use. Velashape can treat large and smaller areas including the thighs, buttocks, flanks, stomach, arms, and neck.
- Combined treatments. Velashape is a great standalone treatment but is also suitable for combination with liposuction for more dramatic results.
- No downtime. Patients describe their VelaShape treatments as comfortable both during and after their visit. Side effects are mild and limited to short-term tenderness. In some cases, bruising may occur. However, it is possible to immediately resume normal activities.
Summer is quickly approaching, but we’re here to help you get a head start on your preparation. Contact our Pottsville or Hazleton office for a personal consultation to discuss your ideal body and how to achieve it.