Want Independence from your Baby Body? Let’s Talk Contouring Options!
- Friday, 15 December 2017 05:43
- Keystone Cosmetic Surgery Center
Motherhood is an exciting – albeit busy – endeavor. Raising children is a never-ending, amazing task, and only one aspect of the totality of being a mother. Women are also maintaining their relationships, professional success, and trying to throw in a bit of self-care wherever they can. Often, it is that self-care that gets the short end of the stick.
On one hand of mothering, there is the sheer joy of the love within the family. On the other hand, there are the cosmetic concerns a woman may struggle with as a result of biological changes.
- We often think of breast changes related to breastfeeding. However, tissue changes usually begin during pregnancy. Some women gain as much as a cup size due to additional fat storage and the expansion of milk glands. The additional volume may linger for several months, especially when breastfeeding, but tends to deflate over time.
- Fat stores. It is natural and necessary for fat stores to increase to support healthy fetal development. Where and how much fat the body holds is only partially related to diet and exercise habits during pregnancy. After giving birth, some women continue to struggle with stubborn fat that just doesn’t want to leave the body.
- The abdominal muscles are made to stretch to accommodate a growing fetus. At some point, though, too much is just too much. Some women experience stretching to such an extent that muscle structure cannot be restored without surgery.
Body Contouring Techniques for a Beautiful Post-Pregnancy Body
Most women have heard of the Mommy Makeover, a series of surgeries that restore curves to the right places. A Mommy Makeover is a customized treatment protocol that may involve surgical and non-surgical therapies such as:
- Breast Augmentation to restore fullness and height to the breasts.
- Liposuction for targeted fat removal. Common areas include the abdomen, flanks, hips, and thighs.
- Tummy tuck surgery corrects the separation that may affect the abdominal wall. This surgery also tightens skin that has become saggy and thin due to stretching.
- Velashape® is a non-surgical body contouring treatment based on elos technology, which slims, tightens, and can even reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Liposonix® is body contouring using high-intensity focused ultrasound to heat excess fatty deposits to such an extent that the body metabolizes them over a few months’ time. The procedure feels warm but is not described as uncomfortable by most patients.
You can have a Mom Bod that you love. Learn more about our body contouring treatments by contacting our Pottsville or Hazleton office.